Sunday, 3 April 2011

Before I die...

THINK. 
What is that one thing that you've always thought 
'I defnitely need to do that before I die'?

We all do it, whether its getting that dream job, travelling around the world or maybe it's just too personal to say outloud..
Candy Chang, a public installation artist, created a giant chalkboard where residents could express what was really important to them. It turns neglected areas, like this space in New Orleans, into somewhere where you can learn the hopes and dreams of people around you.
Such a simply idea which makes you question yourself too.
Personal favourites: "paint a picture that makes people cry" and "be a youtube sensation".
Once the board is full, the board is washed and it starts again with a clean slate. The responses are kept on record though.
So, what do you want to do before you die?


Before I die I want to see the Northern Lights.

Click on the link for more photos/info:
x

3 comments:

  1. "Before I die I want to: win a monkey!" hahaha

    I'm going to say something practical: I want to learn to play the piano!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is a magnificent idea! so simple yet something really worthwhile<3

    i could tell you countless things i want to achieve but what seems most important to me is to have a job i enjoy 5 days a week and don't get tired of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. before i die i want to experience life some more! :)

    being-emily.blogspot.com
    follow me back! :)X XX

    ReplyDelete