Saturday, 6 August 2011

Is it only in the movies?

I find that in a lot of films the characters have their own quirky little hidden places, to which they then decide to share with that 'special someone'  followed by a deep confession like "yeh I used to come here as a child..." and this is all obviously accompanied by a build up of feel good classical music (very emotional yes).

ERM..HOLD UP!! cut the music (imagine the sound effect please), can I have one too?! Where do I sign up?
You know the places I mean, like the closed down swimming pool that they'll somehow manage to break into without being arrested, or breaking into a park after hours (like in Notting Hill) - anything remotely illegal apparently. Well I want one too. I want a secret 'wow how did you find this' kind of place :( and I can't really say "I used to come here as a child" because that would probably be a nursery and I don't think that's how it works....
Tom showing his favourite spot in the city in 500 Days of Summer.
Do any of you have a secret or favourite place?
I really hope it's not just a film thing.


Thanks for reading x

2 comments:

  1. Definitely!! They are all back in my home town and make me very homesick when I visit. But they are special, not illegal that I can think of :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete